A387 Grade 12 Class 2 is a high quality chrome molybdenum steel which is ideal for elevated temperature service and offers excellent anti corrosion characteristics. The steel has a wide range of uses including industrial boilers and pressure vessels, especially in environments where high temperature levels are common.
A387 Grade 12 Class 2 boiler steel plate, also named as A387 Gr12 CL2 pressure vessel steel plate.Chromium-Molybdenum alloy steel plate SA387 Grade 12 CL2,A387 Grade 12 CL 2 under steel specification standard ASME SA387/SA387M and ASTM A387/A387M are popularly used for welded boilers and pressure vessels designed for elevated temperature service. Our engineers suggest doing Normalised and Tempered heat treatment for boiler steel plate SA387Gr12Cl2.
Technical Requirements & Additional Services:
- High tension test
- Low temperature impacting test
- Normalised for thick plates over 40mm
- Simulated post-welded heat treatment (PWHT)
- Rolling under standard NACE MR-0175 (HIC+SSCC)
- Issued Orginal Mill test certificate under EN 10204 FORMAT 3.1/3.2
- Shot blasting and Painting,Cutting and welding as per end user’s demands
Mechnical property for A387Gr12Cl2 boiler steel:
|Yield strength (≥Mpa)||Tensile strength (Mpa)||Elongation in ≥,%|
Chemical composition for A387 Grade 12 Cl2 boiler steel (Product Analysis Max%)
|Main chemical elements composition of A387Gr12Cl2|