A455 and SA455 high strength carbon-manganese steel plate is mainly used for welded boiler and pressure vessel buildings. When rolling boiler steel plate A455, it usually made to a semi-killed or capped deoxidation, normally supplied in the as-rolled delivery condition.and also may be ordered under normalized or stress relieved or both. Besides the basic technical requirements for boiler steel plate SA455, the supplementary requirements such as simulated post welded heat treatment and bend test.
The ASTM A455 specification is the Standard Specification for Pressure Vessel Plates, Carbon Steel, High-strength Manganese plates used in the application of welded pressure vessels. There is one chemistry composition defined while there are multiple strength levels available dependent on plate thickness.
Technical Requirements & Additional Services:
- High tension test
- Low temperature impacting test
- Normalised for thick plates over 40mm
- Simulated post-welded heat treatment (PWHT)
- Rolling under standard NACE MR-0175 (HIC+SSCC)
- Issued Orginal Mill test certificate under EN 10204 FORMAT 3.1/3.2
- Shot blasting and Painting, Cutting and welding as per end user’s demands
Mechnical property for A455 boiler steel:
|Thickness(mm)||Yield strength (≥Mpa)||Tensile strength (Mpa)||Elongation in ≥,%|
Chemical composition for A455 boiler steel (Product Analysis Max%)
|Main chemical elements composition of A455|