API 5L X52 PSL 1 grade designations come from API Spec 5L Specification for Line Pipe. Standard Line Pipe has grade designation A and B. Stronger grades have the designation X followed by the specified minimum yield strength of the pipe steel, measured in kilopounds per square inch (abbreviated ksi).
Application: gas, water and oil transportation in both oil and natural gas.
Mechanical Properties of Steel According to API 5L PSL1 X52
API 5L PSL1 X52 pipe Size:
- Outer Dimensions.: 6 mm – 219 mm
- Wall Thickness: 1.0 mm – 30 mm
- Length: max 12 meters
- Pipes are supplied:
- Black, bear or Internal and External Anti-corrosion
- External varnished with black or clear lacquer
- Pipes are supplied with marking according to standard and customer request.
- Marking is paint on the ends of pipes. The same data, as well as additional information per
- request of client, is indicated on the bundles tags.
- Pipes are supplied in hexahedral bundles or round bundles tied with steel strip. Weight of bundle -
- up to 5000 kg upon request of customer. Each bundle is furnished with three tags.
Chemical composition(%) API 5L X 52 PSL 1
See the table below for the standard available grades.
API 5L X 52 PSL 1 Seamless pipe
API 5L X 52 PSL 1 Welded pipe
Mechanical requiremnts of API 5L X52 PSL 1
|Y.S Mpa(psi)||T.S Mpa(psi)||ELONGATION|
|320 (46 400)||435 (63 100)||28%|
Note: Line pipe mechanical testing usually omits Reduction of Area (RA) measurement reporting, and Charpy V-Notch (CVN) testing. This prevents use of this pipe as body material above 36 ksi yield strength for API Spec 6A equipment without retesting for Reduction of Area, and in the case of low temperature service, Charpy V-Notch testing as well.
- 0.50% maximum for copper, 0.50% maximum for nickel, 0.50% maximum for chromium, and 0.15% maximum for molybdenum.
- For each reduction of 0.01% below the specified maximum concetration for carbon, an increase of 0.05% above the specified maximum concentration for manganese is permissible, up to a maximum of 1.65%.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the sum of the niobium and vanadium contents shall be <=0.06%.
- The sum of the niobium ,vanadium and titanium concentratons shall be <=0.06%.
- Unless otheriwse agreed.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the sum of niobium, vanadium and titanium concentrations shall be