ASTM A426 / A426M – 11a Standard Specification for Centrifugally Cast Ferritic Alloy Steel Pipe for High-Temperature Service
ASTM A426 standard covers centrifugally cast alloy steel pipe intended for use in high-temperature, high-pressure service.
Several grades of ferritic steels are covered.
Supplementary Requirements S1 through S12 are provided. The supplementary requirements provide for additional tests of an optional nature and when desired shall be so stated in the order (Section 4).
The values stated in either inch-pound units or SI units are to be regarded separately as standard. The values stated in each system may not be exact equivalents; therefore, each system shall be used independently of the other. Combining values from the two systems may result in non-conformance with the standard.
Within the text, the SI units are shown in brackets.
This standard does not purport to address all of the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use.
Referenced Documents (purchase separately)
- A370 Test Methods and Definitions for Mechanical Testing of Steel Products
- A609/A609M Practice for Castings, Carbon, Low-Alloy, and Martensitic Stainless Steel, Ultrasonic Examination Thereof
- A941 Terminology Relating to Steel, Stainless Steel, Related Alloys, and Ferroalloys
- A999/A999M Specification for General Requirements for Alloy and Stainless Steel Pipe
- E94 Guide for Radiographic Examination
- E165 Practice for Liquid Penetrant Examination for General Industry
- E186 Reference Radiographs for Heavy-Walled (2 to 412-in. (50.8 to 114-mm)) Steel Castings
- E208 Test Method for Conducting Drop-Weight Test to Determine Nil-Ductility Transition Temperature of Ferritic Steels
- E280 Reference Radiographs for Heavy-Walled (412 to 12-in. (114 to 305-mm)) Steel Castings
- E446 Reference Radiographs for Steel Castings Up to 2 in. (50.8 mm) in Thickness
- E709 Guide for Magnetic Particle Testing
B46.1 Surface Texture
ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
SectionIX Welding and Brazing Qualifications