Threaded flanges look very similar to Slip-On flanges but the main difference is that the threaded flange has been was bored out to match a specific pipe inside diameter. The backside of this center opening is then threaded with the relevant-sized tapered pipe thread.
Threaded Flanges can be used in very high pressure services and their major advantage is that they can be assembled without welding.
Uses of threaded flanges :
- Threaded flanges can be fitted to pipes of various sizes without welding and this is one chief benefit for which these flanges are highly demanded.
- They can be used in extremely high pressure applications, particularly at or near atmospheric temperature, where the necessary post weld heat treatment is not possible.
- They are ideal for small diameter piping applications.
- They are economical and time saving devices.
- These threaded flanges are normally designed for non-cyclic applications.
- The flanges are suitable to be used in applications where welding is hazardous.
- They can be used in highly explosive areas.
The various types of threaded flanges are as follows:
- Plain Threaded Flanges
- Female Threaded Flanges
- Male Threaded Flanges
Dimensions Threaded flanges ANSI B16.5
Meterial & Standard for flanges:
ASTM A 105, ASTM A 181
ASTM A 182, GR F1, F11, F22, F5, F9, F91
1/8″ NB TO 48″NB.
150#, 300#, 600#, 900#, 1500#, 2500#
ANSI B16.5, ANSI B16.47, MSS SP44, ANSI B16.36, ANSI B16.48
DIN2527, DIN2566, DIN2573, DIN2576, DIN2641, DIN2642, DIN2655, DIN2656, DIN2627, DIN2628, DIN2629, DIN 2631, DIN2632, DIN2633, DIN2634, DIN2635, DIN2636, DIN2637, DIN2638, DIN2673
BS4504 , BS4504, BS1560, BS10
Dimensional Tolerances of Threaded flanges ASME B16.5
Dimensions are in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
≤ 24 = 1.6 mm
≤ 10 = ± 0.8 mm
DIAMETER OF CONTACT FACE
1.6 mm Raised Face = ± 0.8 mm
Male-Female = ± 0.4 mm
Bolt Circle = 1.6 mm
DIAMETER OF COUNTERBORE
Same as for Inside Diameter
OUTSIDE DIAMETER OF HUB
≤ 12 = + 2.4 mm / – 1.6 mm
≤ 18 = + 3.2 mm / – 0
LENGTH THRU HUB
≤ 18 = + 3.2 mm / – 0.8 mm