ASTM International is an organization that publishes documents and develops standards on a wide variety of materials and processes.
steel according to alloy, stainless steel or carbon. It tests steel’s properties, hardness, resistance to corrosion, pitting, heat treating processes and others.
The results are listed in a main ASTM steel grade for steel pipe as below.
- ASTM A106 covers carbon steel pipe for high-temperature service.
- ASTM A335 covers seamless ferritic alloy-steel pipe for high-temperature service.
- ASTM A333 covers wall seamless and welded carbon and alloy steel pipe intended for use at low temperatures.
- ASTM A312 specification for seamless, straight-seam welded, and cold worked welded austenitic stainless steel pipe intended for high-temperature and general corrosive service.
- Steel Materials according to ASTM standard.
Society of Automotive Engineers
ASTM standards and SAE standards are compatible and overlap. Manufacturers usually note in their catalogs and advertisements all the standards a particular product meets.
There are several groups that apply standards to steel production. Three of the most common are SAE, ASTM International and ANSI. These groups overlap each other, but are generally consistent.
Measurement size & Testing
ASTM’s steel testing covers many specifications, including alloy, size, toughness and composition. Those using steel products purchase the product that fulfills the requirements they need for what they are building.
- Packed in wooden crates, wrapped in plastic, and suitably protected for sea-worthly delivery or as requested.
- Both ends of each crate will indicate the order no., heat no., dimensions, weight and bundles or as requested.
- How to packing the seamless pipes?
- Pipes are supplied in hexagonal bundles or round bundles tied with steel strip.
- Weight of bundle – up to 5000 kg upon request of customer.
- Each bundle is furnished with three tags.